We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Toolmaker! DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company, developing hitch and coupler technology for the agricultural and construction industries. This is a 4 year full time apprenticeship contract position, reporting to the Process Engineering Manager. This role does not currently require shift work but is subject to change depending on business needs.
A toolmaker is a skilled worker who produces and maintains precision tools used in the production of metal and other materials. The work of a toolmaker involves interpreting drawings and technical date to machine and assemble jigs, fixtures, dies and punches. This job will be responsible for supporting the Tool room in the delivery and achievement of key business objectives for the various processes in this area. These processes include: fabrication, machining, and product and jig preparation for onward processing in the Agriculture, Construction and R&D business units.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Produce jigs and replacement parts by machining steel
- Carry out critical maintenance on existing jigs / tools
- Compliance with all Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and standards
- Keeping records
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
Skills and experience required:
- Leaving certificate education
- Mechanically minded with a “hands on” approach to work
- Willingness to learn and ability to plan and organise this learning as part of the Apprenticeship programme
- Take responsibility for own learning including the allocation of study time
- Knowledge of controls and instrumentation is an advantage.
To apply for this job, please forward your C.V. and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 31st March 2019.