DROMONE Engineering designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath.
We are currently recruiting for a fulltime Buyer on a permanent basis, reporting to the Head of Purchasing.
- Review of MRP recommendations to make purchasing decisions and accurately ensure material requirements are reflected onwards to supplier purchase orders.
- Execute purchase orders, for bought in product and/or services.
- Regular assessment of needs, creating detailed RFQ’s for your product portfolio to continually assess that the cost and lead-time are as per market conditions.
- Manage your inventory levels to ensure material availability but ensuring no ‘over stock situation.
- Communicate expectations to suppliers and document terms and conditions and ensure supplier conformance to supply schedules.
- Accountable to track, monitor and report delivery status.
- Provide updates on supply chain challenges / Risks to all stakeholders, where necessary developing plans for recovery to avoid stockouts.
- Support supplier complaint resolution with liaison between QA and supplier.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships to ensure and promote fair, competitive and equitable pricing.
- Manage supplier performance against open order reports and manage non-compliances.
- Continuously look for cost savings and always look to mitigate any price increase requests.
Interested applicants should have:
- Basic Engineering knowledge, with the ability to read drawings.
- Strong Negotiation skills, both to suppliers and key stakeholders.
- Highly proficient computer skills (MS Office).
- Knowledge of working with ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
To apply email your CV and brief cover note to email@example.com.