DROMONE designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath and employs over 130 people. We are currently recruiting for Design & Process Engineers reporting to theEngineering Project Managers.
The Design & Process Engineers will provide Engineering services to lead and support New Product Development and Continuous Improvement projects in design and manufacturing in DROMONE.
These roles involve a hands-on approach, working with local teams to develop and support delivery of projects, and process improvement initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engineering and process design including the management of product design life cycle
- Drive process improvement activities, lean manufacturing tools, optimizing manufacturing process to achieve targets and cost savings.
- Technology advancement, cost improvement and continuous improvement.
- Managing various engineering projects in terms of specifications, planning, and deployment.
- Work with local teams to develop process improvement programs and support their deployment/delivery.
- Delivering identified best practice process improvement tools between business units.
- Setting up and analysing standard times for new and existing products.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of new product into the plant and implementation of engineering changes for existing product
- Ensuring process instructions support and conform to actual working processes.
- Exploring and implementing improvements to both documentation and actual work methods where appropriate.
- Involvement and support with Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP) for relevant OEM customers’ requirements from procurement through to assistance with customer ISIRs etc.
- Support quality investigations and resolutions.
- Ensure that operations are performed in a manner consistent with Quality, Safety & Environmental standards.
- Interface with sales, production and quality teams to ensure that the design and process engineering function is supporting the supply chain on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the design review of new products, processes, equipment and facilities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally a minimum 1 to 2 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification (Mechanical, Industrial, Production, Manufacturing).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & technical reporting skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to organise workload.
- Good problem-solving ability with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills.
- Ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please email your CV and cover note to email@example.com