DROMONE Engineering designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath. We are currently recruiting for a fulltime Machine Operator, reporting to the Area Team Leader. This Position is based on a rotating 3 cycle shift for which a shift premium is paid.
To cut and produce parts by operating Laser Cutting machine (Bystronic 10kw ByStar Fibre laser) maintain quality, safety and environmental standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment in a busy manufacturing environment.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Operate cutting machinery to produce good quality parts from nests supplied by internal Materials planning/nesting Department.
- Monitor machine’s consumable parts that needed to be checked/changed periodically
- Support the cleaning of the beds at the laser
- Clean out waste bins regularly under the machine
- Breaking down cut sheets finished off the laser and moved part to kit bins to complete jobs
- Update paperwork/computer system when each sheet is complete to update job completion and consume raw material
- Move kit bins in and out of area in line with jobs being completed and started to keep flow of material moving
- Support flattening machine operation post cutting when required
Skills and experience required:
- Preferably 1-3 years’ experience working on machinery cutting steel plate, or similar Equipment
- Experience in quality checking your own work
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Need to have good computer skills
- Ideal industry background: manufacturing, automotive.
- Forklift licence required
- Good level of English, oral and written.
To apply for this job vacancy please forward your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org