DROMONE are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our award winning team! DROMONE designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath and employs over 145 people. We are proud to say we are a CPD (Continuous Professional Development) accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and support and encourage the ongoing education of our teams!
The Mechanical Design Engineer will report to the Agriculture Engineering Projects Manager and will provide engineering services to lead and support New Product Development and Continuous Improvement projects in design and manufacturing in DROMONE. The role also offers opportunities to travel and meet our world-wide customer base.
Key tasks will include:
- Engineering and process design including the management of product design life cycle.
- Design review process including product integrations.
- Technology advancement, cost improvement and continuous improvement.
- Managing various engineering projects in terms of specifications, planning, deployment and close out.
- Ensure on time delivery of technical solutions, meeting project and product targets.
- Input to, and driver of Innovation and New Product Development activities.
- Review of and input to IP (Intellectual Property) activities.
- Customer facing role acting as first point of contact, planning customer testing, production ramp up, testing and validation of innovation systems.
- Problem solving and decision making using structured analysis thus focusing and centralization of all plans needed to resolve product build issues, performance test issues and quality issues.
- Successful application of engineering and project management tools.
- Mechanical design and product testing plan, physical and virtual.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of new product into the plant and implementation of engineering changes for existing product.
- Coordination of both internal and/or external design.
- Implementation of Bill of Material and fully costed product including initial sourcing of components or products that meet design requirements.
- Lean Philosophy mapping out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives that will sustain and promote the competitive edge of our design and manufacturing facility.
- Provide engineering support to efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects, e.g. through process improvements, automation, product re-engineering and cost improvement initiatives.
- Manage all quality control and assurance actions relating to new product implementation through DROMONE’s New Product Introduction procedures, including the management of design gates and full sign off by relevant parties.
- Interface with production, quality and the design engineering teams to ensure that the design and manufacturing engineering function is supporting the supply chain on an ongoing basis.
- Provide engineering supports for the manufacture of agriculture and construction products to world class standards, ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective manner.
- Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available resources in the process.
The successful candidate will have:
- Min 1-2 years relevant industry experience.
- Bachelors Degree qualification (Mechanical, Industrial, Production, Manufacturing).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and technical reporting skills.
- Project and time management and structured problem solving experience.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.
Please email your C.V. and cover note to email@example.com if you wish to apply to this job.
Closing date: 31st January 2019