DROMONE Engineering are currently recruiting for a Quality Improvement Leader to join our award winning team! DROMONE designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath and employs over 150 people. We are proud to say we are a CPD (Continuous Professional Development) accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and support and encourage the ongoing education of our teams!
Quality Improvement Leader Key Responsibilities:
- Provide the necessary problem solving disciplines to facilitate rapid close out of quality related issues:
- Facilitate root cause analysis using 5-whys analysis
- When necessary 8-step Practical Problem Solving (PPS/A3 format)
- Coaching of problem solving disciplines and methods at Gemba to ensure rapid and thorough close out of non conformances.
- Process audits of current working practices against documented standards and support Team Leaders in closing out any gaps found.
- Input and review of Operating Processes and Procedures together with other departments and if necessary proposing modifications or additional procedures to ensure robust Quality Control Plans are in place.
- Support/Lead specific Quality improvement projects.
- Development of key Quality metrics and analysis of same with the aim of identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support site wide process capability studies and resulting Quality improvement projects.
- Support FMEA activities and facilitate close out of risk reduction actions.
- Liaise directly with OEM Customers in regard to Customer Complaints and New Product Introduction Projects and provide the relevant requirements e.g. 8D Reports, APQP/ PPAP documentation etc.
- Participate in customer site visits and offsite visits when required.
- Support the ISO9001 Audit requirements by scheduling regular process Audits for quality control and compliance.
- Together with the Quality team, ensure all plant measuring equipment is correctly calibrated and maintained to required ISO 9001 standards.
Key competencies and skills required:
- Ability to facilitate problem solving activities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Knowledge and application of ISO 9001 standard
- Experience of APQP/ PPAP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work on own Initiative with good attention to detail
- Customer Focus (Internal and External)
- 2-3 years experience in a quality role in a busy manufacturing environment
- I.T. Proficient e.g. Microsoft Word, excel, PowerPoint, reporting writing and presentation.
- Experience of working with CMM measuring equipment an advantage.
Please email your C.V. and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply for this job.
Closing date: 28th February 2019.