DROMONE designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath and employs over 140 people.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Technician.
The primary function of this role is to provide Quality Assurance support to Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality, Production, and Product Development departments in DROMONE. This includes providing support to process validation, non-conforming product issues, corrective and preventive actions, and associated Quality System Documentation.
The experience and knowledge the candidate will gain within this role have a potential for further career development towards Design, Process, Operations or Quality within Dromone Engineering.
Quality Assurance Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Provide the necessary Quality Assurance Technical Assistance to the relevant Business Unit to identify and resolve all quality related issues.
- Aid other departments with quality related queries as required.
- Carry out internal Quality Audits in line with ISO & customer requirements.
- Provide input and support to company QMS for the Non-Conforming process, and for corrective and Preventive Actions process (CAPA) relating to customer and internal issues.
- Implementation and review of Quality Processes and Procedures and if necessary proposing modifications or additional procedures in relevant areas e.g. Quality Control Plans.
- Ensuring all plant measuring equipment is correctly calibrated and maintained to required ISO standards and oversee overall compliance in all departments.
- Apply agreed continuous improvement projects and deliver on targets.
- Participate in a weekly quality team meeting with structured agenda and reports and help in the closure of all open NC’s in a timely manner.
- Provide weekly / monthly Quality related KPI reports e.g. Right First Time, Internal Non Conformances, Process Escalation Results, Quarantine Control and Quality & Metrology Technicians performance reviews.
- Develop, progress and maintain the escalation process
- Support and develop the role of the Quality and Metrology Technicians.
Key competencies and skills required:
- A keen interest in working and developing in this industry
- Knowledge and application of ISO 9001 standard
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills
- Ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.
- Customer Focus (Internal and External).
- Bachelors Degree qualification (Engineering/Manufacturing/ Quality) an advantage but not necessary.
- Relevant industry experience an advantage.
- I.T. Proficient e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
To apply for this job vacancy please forward your CV and brief cover note to email@example.com.