DROMONE designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath and employs over 130 people. We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer reporting to theEngineering Projects Manager.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide Engineering services to lead and support New Product Development and Continuous Improvement projects in design and manufacturing in DROMONE.
Key tasks will include:
- Design of products for the DROMONE agriculture product line – this includes but is not limited to Pick Up Hitch & Ladder Hitch systems, Forgings and castings, and some hydraulic or electrical systems design.
- Taking a design from concept right through to production following the DROMONE NPI (New Product Introduction) process, with Project management responsibilities.
- Carrying out FEA studies on both new and existing products.
- Communicating with suppliers & OEM customers on technical queries.
- Technology advancement, cost improvement and continuous improvement.
- Ensure on time delivery of technical solutions, meeting project and product targets.
- Input to, and driver of Innovation and New Product Development activities.
- Review of and input to IP (Intellectual Property) activities.
- Implementing design changes through Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Carrying out / collaborating on Problem Analyses.
- Problem solving and decision making using structured analysis thus focusing and centralization of all plans needed to resolve product build issues, performance test issues and quality issues.
- Successful application of engineering and project management tools.
- Mechanical design and product testing plan.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of new product into the plant and implementation of engineering changes for existing product.
- Implementation of Bill of Material and fully costed product including initial sourcing of components or products that meet design requirements.
- Lean Philosophy including mapping out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives that will sustain and promote the competitive edge of our manufacturing facility.
- Provide engineering support to efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects e.g. through process improvements, automation, product re-engineering.
- Manage all quality control and assurance actions relating to new product implementation through DROMONE’s New Product Introduction procedures.
- Interface with production, quality, and the design engineering teams to ensure that the design and manufacturing engineering function is supporting the supply chain on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Level 8 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Ideally a minimum 3 years relevant industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organise workload.
- Proven problem-solving ability with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent project management & technical reporting skills.
- Good understanding of the principles of hydraulics.
- SolidWorks and/or similar 3D Modelling software experience a benefit.
- Ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.
- Currently have permission to work in Ireland on full time basis.
Dromone working environment
- CPD accredited employer – upskilling promoted.
- Work with some of the world’s largest OEM agricultural equipment brands.
- Collaborative & team focused environment.
- Continuous improvement at all levels.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please email your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org