DROMONE designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath and employs over 140 people.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer reporting to the Process Engineering Manager. The process engineer provides the organization with technical skill sets in order to enable flow, advanced problem solve and improve business processes. They will apply project management techniques in driving a structured approach to optimize process improvement for increased productivity, quality and reduce waste. The role involves a hands-on approach, working with local teams to develop and support delivery of projects, and process improvement initiatives.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive operational process improvement activities, lean manufacturing tools, optimizing manufacturing process to achieve targets and cost savings.
- Work with local facility stakeholders to develop/deliver annual programs to optimize process improvements for increased productivity, quality and reduced waste levels.
- Work with local teams to develop process improvement programs and support their deployment/delivery.
- Delivering identified best practice process improvement tools between business units.
- Setting up and analysing standard times for new and existing products.
- Determining and analysing OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) on processes.
- Validation of processes from design into production and finished product.
- Ensuring process instructions support and conform to actual working processes.
- Exploring and implementing improvements to both documentation and actual work methods where appropriate.
- Involvement and support with Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP) for relevant OEM customers’ requirements from procurement through to assistance with customer ISIRs etc.
- Contributing to the Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) process when required.
- Support quality investigations.
- Ensure that operations are performed in a manner consistent with safety standards.
- Assist in the design review of new products, processes, equipment and facilities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Min. 1-3 years’ experience in a Process improvement role.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Process or Manufacturing engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Appropriate I.T. skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SolidWorks etc.
- Good time management skills and ability to organize workload.
- Good problem-solving ability with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Capable of leading large & small projects in a timely manner.
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment.
Please email your C.V. and cover note to email@example.com to apply for this role.
Closing date 15th February 2019.