DROMONE designs, manufactures and markets agriculture tractor Pick-Up Hitch and construction excavator Quick Coupler technologies. Established in 1978, DROMONE is an industry leading Irish company located in Oldcastle, Co. Meath and employs over 140 people. We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer reporting to theEngineering Projects Manager.
The Process Engineer generally provides technical support in order to enable flow, advanced problem solve and improve business processes. They will apply project management techniques in driving a structured approach to optimize process improvement for increased productivity, safety, quality & reduce waste. This particular role involves a hands-on approach, working closely with the Design Engineering group to design, develop and oversee the manufacture of jigs, fixtures and other tooling for the production of new products. The successful candidate will play a key role in the New Product Introduction Process (NPI).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design new production Tooling, Jigging, Fixtures required for New Product builds.
- Work directly with inhouse Toolroom to support the production and validation of these items.
- Developing and publishing operator / process instructions for new tools / equipment as related to new Products; making sure the process instructions support and conform to actual working processes.
- Exploring and implementing improvements to both documentation and actual work methods where appropriate, during product infancy.
- Validation of processes from design into production and finished product.
- Involvement and support with Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP) for relevant OEM customers’ requirements from procurement through to assistance with customer ISIRs etc.
- Assist in the design review of new products, processes, equipment and facilities.
- Ensure that processes and instructions are designed in a manner consistent with Quality, Safety & Environmental standards.
- Aid in the transfer of process knowledge from the manufacturing team to the design team.
- Contributing to the Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) process when required.
- Support quality investigations and resolutions.
- Help drive operational process improvement activities, lean manufacturing tools, optimizing manufacturing process to achieve targets and cost savings.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification (Mechanical, Industrial, Production, Manufacturing).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & technical reporting skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to organise workload.
- Good problem-solving ability with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Confident to liaise at all levels, articulate with good presentation skills.
- Ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please email your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org